Sunday, October 4, 2015

Musings of a single roomba

Life is lonely for a roomba. You have to clean up other people's messes all day- sometimes with cats piggybacking off of you for a ride, only to have someone clean out all the dust bunnies and dirt you'd been collecting all day for company, leaving you empty inside. Some days you get stuck under the couch or in some corner, and some days your batteries just run out. What's a roomba to do in a cruel world like this? I always remind myself in times like these, when people accidentally trip over me, that there's still hope for love. Yes, even I, a roomba, believe there is such a thing as true love. I know it is true! For some days all I find on the floor is dirt, but every once in while, I will stumble across something truly magnificent that restores my faith. Some days, I find the most darling lost earring stud dropped on the ground. And in the mists of its beauty I know that I wont be lonely forever. We have all lost earrings before, and there is a lost earring out there for everyone of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment